According to the Continuing Care Contracts Branch, five new Life Plan Communities (CCRCs) are currently under construction in California, mostly on the coast. These communities include:
- Reata Glen Orange County, a Continuing Life Community will be located in Southern Orange County. Continuing Life is a for-profit operator and the community will include 480 residential living units, 58 assisted units and a skilled nursing facility with 71 beds.
- The Glen at Scripps Ranch, is also a Continuing Life Community under construction in San Diego. That community will have 400 residential living units, 50 assisted units and a 70 bed skilled nursing facility.
- Viamonte at Walnut Creek, is under construction by nonprofit operator Sequoia Living (formerly NCPHS). The community will have 174 residential living units, 7 assisted units and 10 special care units.
- Villaggio San Luis Obispo, a standalone community is planned for the hilltops of San Luis Obispo and managed by Life Care Services. At full construction, the community plans 350 residential living units and 120 special care units.
- Enso Village/Kendal at Sonoma, A Zen Inspired Community, in collaboration with the San Francisco Zen Center the largely East Coast operator, Kendal, will offer 220 residential living units, 24 assisted units and 30 special care units.
Other Life Plan Communities have embarked on expansions, including: Casa Dorinda (Santa Barbara), The Fountains at The Carlotta (Palm Desert), The Meadows of Napa Valley/PRS (Napa), The Forum at Rancho San Antonio (Cupertino), Paradise Valley Estates (Fairfield), Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa/Brookdale (Santa Rosa), Hillcrest (La Verne), and Mt. San Antonio Gardens (Pomona).