At the time of this writing, there are 82,549 reported cases of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) and 2,810 deaths mostly in mainland China. There are currently 60 cases in the United States. However, yesterday it was reported that the first confirmed case of community-spread of the virus occurred in Northern California. The patient is a resident of Solano County and is being treated at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, CA. Four counties (Orange, San Diego, San Francisco, and Santa Clara) have declared emergencies.
LeadingAge California urges its members to remain vigilant and take universal precautions and practice proper infection control in addition to staying abreast of any updates through the CDC, CDPH and your local health department.
Below are resources to access to keep informed on the spread of the virus:
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Main Page
- CDC: Information for Healthcare Professionals
- CDPH: AFL 20-13 – 2019 Novel Coronavirus Interim Guidance for Risk Assessment and Health Management of Healthcare Personnel with Potential Exposure
- CDPH: AFL 20-11 – Updated 2019 Novel Coronavirus Information (2019-nCoV), Including Patient Under Investigation (PUI) Guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDPH: AFL 20-10 – Healthcare Facility Resources for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- CDPH: AFL 20-09 – Health Update Interim Guidance – 2019 Novel Coronavirus (nCoV)