LeadingAge California is pleased to partner with the Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) to offer two full-day conferences dealing with the impact and implications of the use of opioid medications in senior living and care settings.
The Medicare population has among the highest and fastest growing rates of diagnosed opioid use disorders. At these two conferences, attendees will:
- Analyze the opioid-use-disorder disease process, its natural course, and how treatment alters it.
- Explore the national and California landscapes of the opioid crisis.
- Identify challenges and misconceptions regarding opioid use and treatment.
- Discover interventions, resources, and clinical practices to improve person-centered care.
- Share success stories and reinforce continued efforts to find solutions.
Pasadena – June 25, 2019, 8 a.m.–3 p.m. (Pasadena Convention Center) Register at: www.hsag.com/opioids190625
Sacramento– July 10, 2019, 8 a.m.–3 p.m. (Center at Twenty-Three-Hundred) Register at: www.hsag.com/opioids190710
Key California stakeholders have developed this California-focused event featuring many subject-matter experts who will address these questions:
- What does “The Opioid Crisis in California” really mean?
- What can I do to follow opioid-related guidelines and best practices in my workplace?
- How are individualized person-centered interventions and treatment making a difference?
- And more tools for your toolkit.
Five credits of Continuing Education (CE) available!